[Milton-L] PL and the Sabbath and classical myth

Boyd M Berry bberry at mail1.vcu.edu
Mon Dec 20 16:01:18 EST 2004

There certainly were folk in England as well who would not cook on
Sabbath.  There was a lot of talk about letting "servants" or apprentices
rest on Sabbath.  Christopher Hill wrote on that somewhere--regularizing
the work week to avoid interruptions for holidays.  I've never heard about
sex on Sundays, however.

Boyd Berry