[Milton-L] IMS8

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Mon Dec 13 16:45:15 EST 2004

Quoting James Rovira <jrovira at drew.edu>:

> Who here is going to IMS8?  Any suggestions for a first timer, esp.
> regarding decent airfare and hotel prices?  My wife and I want to spend
> about a week in Paris before the conference.  Either way, we will see
> several of you there, hopefully.

I'll be there.  It's been too long since I've been to Paris to make any
suggestions, and I'm sure that most of us will be "first-timers" in Grenoble, so
I don't know how many will have any tips.  I will say, however, that as far as
excursions go, I went up to L'Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix and it is well worth
doing.  You are only about 5 km from the summit of Mont Blanc, in a white white
world where civilization seems irrelevant.  No, I'm not planning on doing it
again.  I want to see those caves . . . .

Jameela
--
Jameela Lares
Associate Professor of English
The University of So. Mississippi
118 College Drive #5037
Hattiesburg, MS  39406-0001
+601 266-6214 ofc
+601 266-5757 fax
SECURITY NOTICE:  On April 28, 2004, the University of Southern Mississippi
administration publicly revealed the contents of e-mail to several professors
whose email the administration had been monitoring.  These included e-mails
originating in private off-campus accounts but addressed to accounts on
University server.  Your e-mail to me may be read by and/or revealed to
outside parties. Campus phones are believed to be insecure as well.  If you
want confidentiality, please use my off-campus e-mail address, which is
<jamlares at yahoo.com>.