[Milton-L] Milton's grave Ps and a note back to deleuze and

Deterritory verlainelefou at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 12:50:06 EDT 2004

Jim, I don't think I am introducing a concept that is already a part of received opinion.

And even if I were it would make no difference. I was suggesting that the end of Christianity -- at least the Protestant vision that Milton offers us, was already in decay and thus the poem.
This is not an uncommon view in Milton studies.

Cheers.

And no more deities ! s.v.pl

James Rovira <jrovira at drew.edu> wrote:
Ha...if you acknowledge the language of justification you introduce the
concept of Deity.

Jim

Deterritory wrote:

>THe more one reads Paradise Lost the less there is. One realizes in fact that the Waste Land began with this lengthy burial of Christianity, its last aborted effort at justifying of course a god that cannot be justified.

Poetry is a way of life.

      Make yer own bloody body without organs.
                                      We are difference engineers, ok?