[Milton-L] Milton's grave

Deterritory verlainelefou at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 24 16:56:41 EDT 2004

Likewise! I'd love to know about this incident and any work done with it...

Dear all,
This is my very first post to this list, so I hope you'll forgive any formal
irregularities! I'm investigating contemporary responses to the brief
disinterment of Milton's coffin in 1790, and although it seems like the sort of
subject that *must* have been written on at some point, I haven't (despite
fairly extensive searching) been able to find any recent critical treatments of
the topic either in literary or historical terms. Does anyone know of any
work that's been done in this area? Any leads would be much appreciated!

Best,

Lisa Wilde

Lisa Wilde
Department of English