[Milton-L] Milton's grave

Lisa Wilde ljw151 at psu.edu
Sat Apr 24 19:42:13 EDT 2004

[Dear all,
   I initially sent this message to the wrong address by mistake and wasn't sure
it went through, so I thought I'd try again.  My apologies if you're receiving
it twice!]

***

Dear all,
   This is my very first post to this list, so I hope you'll forgive any formal
irregularities!  I'm investigating contemporary responses to the brief
disinterment of Milton's coffin in 1790, and although it seems like the sort of
subject that *must* have been written on at some point, I haven't (despite
fairly extensive searching) been able to find any recent critical treatments of
the topic either in literary or historical terms.   Does anyone know of any
work that's been done in this area?   Any leads would be much appreciated!

Best,

Lisa Wilde

Lisa Wilde
Department of English