[Milton-L] Fw: Horton, England

srevard at siue.edu srevard at siue.edu
Tue Apr 20 10:35:31 EDT 2004

A group of Milton scholars led by Ron Shafer visited Horton
in 1981 during the First International Milton Symposium. It
was then an estate in private hands and the old gentleman
who was then the owner led us around the grounds and talked
a little about Milton.  The original house is no longer there.
However, there were some impressive cedars of Lebanon on the
grounds and we each went away with a cone from these trees.
We went there by coach, and it was out of the way.
Ron Shafer made the arrangements, as the house and grounds
were not then open to the public.  He might remember more,
as might Roy Flannagan or John Shawcross.

Stella Revard