[Milton-L] Forum notify

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Thu Apr 1 14:56:15 EST 2004

>Hello All
>Why don't we ask the moderator to disallow attachments? That
ought to
>eliminate the virus problem.

I think the way the virus works is this: It comes to person
A's email with an attachment. Person A opens the attachment.
Person A says, 'that's odd,' closes the atachment and dumps
it and the email.

THEN the virus sweeps into A's e-mail address book and mails
itself and an attachment to every name on the list.  A is
titally unaware this is happening.

Then WE get incoming that appears to come from the list-
serve.  My university has pretty good protection, and what I
get is the e-mail and a note that the attachment has been
stripped.

Nobody on the list is sending attachments; the virus or worm
or whatever is doing so.

Cynthia
Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU