[Milton-L] Milton Society Twitter Feed

David Ainsworth dainsworth at as.ua.edu
Thu Jan 31 18:30:21 EST 2013

The content of the Twitter feed will be mainly scholarly (CFPs, event
notifications), but aimed at younger scholars who use Twitter routinely.
  I hope to lure some of them into joining the Society by connecting
them to it through the feed.  Doing so means providing more than three
or four tweets per semester; I felt short quotations from Milton would
be unlikely to offend serious scholars subscribing to the feed while
appealing to those not already members of the Milton Society.

There may also be the occasional link to Milton in the news or on the
Internet, which would not be scholarly at all.  If receiving such a
thing would offend you (or indeed, if Twitter itself offends you), do
not follow the feed.

No information will be provided on Twitter which you cannot find through
existing avenues of communication, so those uninterested in the twitter
feed need not follow it and will miss nothing they care about.

Just in case Richard or anyone else is unclear, the Twitter feed has no
connection with the Milton-L list and nothing posted to it will appear
here.  My message was informational, aimed at those members of this list
who might be interested in the feed or willing to pass along its
existence to their students.

To clarify, then:  Anyone wanting to receive the Milton Society Twitter
feed must follow @MiltonSociety with a Twitter account.  The Twitter
account will offer an additional avenue for receiving news and
information from the Society; members can learn everything they need to
know without following the feed at all.

If I must be a Dickens character, Scrooge's nephew isn't a bad one.  "We
have never had any quarrel, to which I have been a party."

David