[Milton-L] queer milton?

jfleming at sfu.ca jfleming at sfu.ca
Tue Feb 20 15:11:17 EST 2007

One important element, not mentioned so far (as far as I can tell), is that
Satan's intercourse w/Sin -- his headbirth, or self-projection -- is not
heterosexual. It is autoerotic. (Doubters that this was an early-modern
option can consult _Astrophil and Stella_ 49). Thus the bawdy beauty of
personification allegory. JD Fleming