[Milton-L] Query about Galley Proofs

trleasure at comcast.net trleasure at comcast.net
Wed Dec 7 12:32:15 EST 2005

Dr. Hodges,

I can't answer your question, but I can say that I too experienced the same thing.  I anticipated that, once an article had been accepted, before the journal went to press, I'd receive galley proofs.  To  my surprise and dismay, this was not the case, and like you, I was horrified to discovered a few typos that had escaped my detection previously.  I take responsibility for not having spotted such errors sooner, but I did find it curious that, despite all the feedback for revision I got as part of the peer review process, these particular mistakes did not come to light before printing.  I'm as curious as you are to hear others' responses to your inquiry.  Thanks for looking into the matter.

Sincerely,

Ross Leasure
Salisbury University
Eastern Shore, MD