[Milton-L] moloch to Mr. Golightly

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Fri Sep 3 17:30:36 EDT 2004

>   For what it's worth, I think "deep and perplexed" is
>   a finely perceptive way to characterize Milton's
>   reaction to the sacrifice of the Son,

That reminds me of a novel I read this summer: "Mr.
Golightly's Holiday," in which God takes a holiday in an
English village, and muses sadly, an dgrieves about the
terrible mistake he had made in that business with his son.
[That is a paraphrase, but close enough I think]. I found it
an intriguing and somewhat mystifying book, and one I reread.

I wondered if anyone on the list has read this novel and
would be glad of responses about it.  How JM shows the Father
is almost always an issue in teaching PL, I find, which is
the connection for us.

Cynthia

.
Cynthia A. Gilliatt